- Public access to the Internet is provided. (For our full Internet policy, click here.) A periodicals database provides access to thousands of periodicals and trade and professional journals.
- Copy-machine service is available for 15 cents per page. Copies may be enlarged or reduced.
- FAX service is also available: $1 per page to send; 50 cents per page to receive.
- Requests for materials we do not own may be made through interlibrary loan with the Electronic Information Network.
- Library membership is free to all Allegheny County residents.
- Residents of Westmoreland, Butler and other counties beyond Allegheny County may become members and check out materials at no charge, providing that a valid library card with a Pennsylvania Access sticker is shown.
- Non-resident fees, for non-Allegheny County residents without an Access sticker or for out-of-county residents desiring Internet access, are $25 for a personal membership and $30 for a family membership.
- Most books are loaned for three weeks.
- Videotapes, audiotapes, new bestseller fiction, and high-demand nonfiction are loaned for one week.
- Current and back issues of magazines may be borrowed for one week.
- Newspapers do not circulate and must be used in the library.
- Seven-day nonfiction books are high-demand books and may not be renewed.
- Books with a waiting list may not be renewed.
- Fines on books, audiotapes, and magazines are 15 cents per item per day overdue.
- Fines on videos and DVDs are 50 cents per movie per day overdue.