What is Family Place?
The first three years of a child’s life begins the foundation for learning. As a Family Place library, we want to provide our families with early childhood and parenting information, emergent literacy, a place for socialization and support for the entire family. Family Place knows the importance of good health, early learning, parent involvement and the support of the community all play a critical role in young children’s growth and developement.
Please check out our Family Place Library core elements:
- A welcoming space for young children and their parents (Play With Me)
- Books,toys, DVD’s, Videos, Music and other materials for Infants,, Toddlers, Children and Parents
- Our Parenting Section which contains books, videos, music, etc. that emphasize emergent literacy, reading readiness and parent education
- Lapsit-A program that follows Pennsylvania Reading Standards for children Birth to 3 years of age and an adult.
- StoryTime- A program for children 3 to 5 years of age that follows the Pennsylvania Reading Standards.
- Outreach to new and underserved populations.
- Discover and Learn Family Workshop- a five-week parent/ child workshop featuring local professionals, such as a nutritionist, speech therapist, child development experts, who serve as resources for parents.
We are proud to be a “Family Place” library and we invite you to stop in with your child so you both can enjoy our “Play with Me” area! This area features a large wooden doll house, Lego table, kitchenette and much more!
For more information about Family Place Libraries visit the official website at: